The Ajax Photography Club is inviting our members to an event.
We are doing a Portrait Workshop with Will Prentice
on Saturday, Jan 19th, from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm at the Ajax Library, 55 Harwood Ave.
With a Female Bodybuilder (2nd Regional Champion) and a male Body Builder.
Cost is: $60.00 /non-members ($10.00 off if they become a Member)
All participants will receive $25.00 gift certificate from Amplis Camera and Lighting.
We have a few spots left and you are welcome to attend. See contact info below.
Description of Event:
- Portrait Workshop with award-winning portrait photographer Will Prentice
- Title: Sculpture and Light: Flattering the Human Form with Body Builder Models Tammy and Irwin
What you will Learn:
- Not all light is equal. This workshop explores hard and soft light and how to choose and use the right modifiers to create the best light to flatter the human body.
- Two Lighting Set-ups – High-Key and Low-Key
- Posing and Communicating with Models
- Using Strobe and Studio Lighting and Set-ups
- Exposure and Focusing Techniques
What you will Achieve:
- Participants will learn how to use the tools they have in the studio to create more flattering images by manipulating shadow, more than light.
- Some great portrait and body images that you can use for portfolio or contests
- For all APC members comfortable with their camera functions
- Some studio photography experience helps.
- Intermediate to advanced techniques will be used.
DSLR or Mirrorless with a hotshoe flash adapter, fresh batteries, memory cards, pen and paper.
All Participants will also receive a $25.00 gift coupon from Amplis Camera and Lighting
NOTE, if you have a Sony camera let us know, you will need an adapter for your hotshoe.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Ron Pereux at firstname.lastname@example.org or (647) 274-4091