No, not like that! We’re talking about your Camera!
- Are you noticing a lot of random dark spots on your shots?
- Tired of cloning out those spots on your images?
- Don’t have time to take your camera in and pay $50-75 dollars for sensor cleaning?
- Don’t want to take a chance in damaging that delicate sensor by cleaning it yourself?
- Never had your camera sensor cleaned since you bought it?
This will involve a full dry and wet cleaning of your sensor, clean viewfinder, reflex mirror, front/back lens elements and final testing.
Cleaning will be on a first come, first serve basis starting at 6:30pm. Cost is $25 per camera. Cash only.
Please bring in your camera body with a lens, fully charged battery and a blank memory card.
If you are interested and want your name on a reservation list, book it now at: https://www.oshawacameraclub.ca/occmembers/boutique/
(Note: this is not related in any way to our own InFocus Newsletter)
The deadline to submit to InFocus 2019 is almost here!
Oshawa Camera Club,
The 5th annual InFocus Photo Exhibition is coming up soon and I wanted to remind Oshawa Camera Club that the opportunity to submit is almost here! A major focus of our event is to promote professional and amateur photographers from across Canada and we do not want you to miss out!
Our event includes a variety of programming on top of the photo exhibition. We host a portfolio review, a PechaKucha style event, as well as our opening reception! It would be so wonderful if you could help us promote these events.
Here is a bit of information on the upcoming show and events:
– The show will be taking place during the month of February 2019
– The event is taking place at the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel
– The Emerging Photographer Award sponsored by PhotoED Magazine will be won by a photographer 5 years or less into their career
– All successful photographers will be eligible to participate in the People’s Choice Award online voting with cash prize from Vistek
lnFocus welcomes Canadian photographers of any level — amateurs and students to professionals alike — to enter. The deadlines are quickly approaching:
Regular deadline: October 22, 2018
($38 per entry of 3 images)
Extended deadline: November 7, 2018
($48 per entry of 3 images)
The theme of InFocus 2019 is “Connection“. This is a broad theme, open to interpretation. Please answer here how your image(s) relate to this theme. We want you to tell us how your photography demonstrates “Connection”. How do we connect with nature? How do we connect with each other? How do we connect with ourselves?
lnFocus Photography Exhibition is a major photographic survey of Canadian-made imagery. The mission of lnFocus is to promote and exhibit innovative, thoughtful and provocative photography created by Canadian contemporary photographers. lnFocus presents the current cultural climate of photography within Canada. The exhibition takes place during Exposure Photography Festival in Alberta.
We thank you in advance for sharing this information with your club members and any other promotion that you are able to do!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
- “Your group (max 10 people per session) is led through our programming animals by a wildlife educator. Through your journey you are able to enter into all of the enclsoures, interact and photograph each of the animals. The length of time is roughly 2 hours long and can include a hike through the trails of the Oak Ridge Moraine if you would like. Our property is in the middle of the forest so lots of natural beauty. The fee is $50 per person with 100% of the proceeds going towards building the facility”